I understand that sometimes I’m going to have these
1. Walk dogs 2-3 times per day (to start exercising).
a.One walk must be at least 10 minutes long.
Ok. This shouldn’t be too hard because I have to take them out on leash 3 or 4 times a day anyway to go potty. Just make it longer. And since its cooler outside it should be enjoyable. As long as Wynnie doesn’t act like a moron…which is likely. Solution: use gentle leader on wynnie even though she hates it.b. Use gentle leader on wynnie when walking.
I have been watching what I eat/drink. So that’s good. I just need to step up the movement!!!
Yoga. I used to do it a lot. I need to once again. At least 3 times a week. This shouldn’t be too hard, I have at least two days off a week. So longer yoga can be done then and the third day can be a quick yoga. Got it.
2. Yoga at least 3 times per week.
a. One day (work day) can be a 20 minute course. Other two should be 30-60 minutes.
Let’s see what else. This sort of thing makes me feel better, planning and makes lists. But only if I actually follow through. Which I. WILL. DO.
3. Schedule things. Meaning to say I don’t have to be strict but use my fucking day planner more.
It will help stay on track. Set a timer. Like I have now. I set it for an hour. Work on computer stuff and after that I’m taking the dogs to the park for some much needed running. I just walk around and follow them.
4. Go to bed at a reasonable hour and sleep long enough (exceptions for certain circumstances) to feelThere are times when I always feel tired, that may be the depression/chemical imbalance. At least seven hours of sleep. I tend to wake up every hour to every few hours briefly so I need to be in bed long enough to hit enough REM.
rested not exhausted.
5. Take my medication regularly. I forget sometimes and that just fucks me up.
Ok I think that’s enough. I started off just feeling shitty and wanting to write something not even necessarily to anyone but for myself. It really made me feel better to just sit down and type out what was bothering me. There will be more but I know you should only tackle a few things at a time.
Woo :) Check me out over at http://Talknerdytomelover.com. I write a series for Jen Friel (@jenfriel) on the weekend entitled the Secret Life of a Veterinary Technician. Here’s a link the the latest post: http://www.talknerdytomelover.com/home/2011/10/30/nerdsunite-the-secret-life-of-a-veterinary-technician.html
Peace. Love. Pawprints!
PS- Sneak peak: I have a foster kitten! (TNTML post is about that)